27 Mar COVID-19 Update From Spectrum Dermatology
TeleHealth appointments now available for AZ, NV, and CO residents, call 480-948-8400 to learn more.
In consideration of the coronavirus pandemic, Spectrum Dermatology is taking extra precautions to ensure that our patients remain safe and healthy during their visit to our centers. As we actively monitor the continually evolving Coronavirus (COVID-19), we will keep this page updated with our current practice responses.
If you or a household member such as a child, live-in relative, are experiencing a caught, shortness of breath, fever, or other flu or cold symptoms, OR if you have potentially come in contact with anyone who has been diagnosed with COVID-19, OR if you have traveled anywhere in the last 2 weeks, please make sure to inform our office when you contact us.
Spectrum Dermatology is not scheduling routine in-office appointments at this time, however we are offering virtual appointments for both new and existing patients who are physically located in Arizona, Colorado, and Nevada.
Any urgent appointments (such as potential skin infections, painful fast-growing lesions or serious rashes) will be scheduled to be seen in person at one of our clinics. Online appointments may be utilized for localized skin conditions such as acne, rosacea, rashes, eczema and psoriasis, and evaluation of individual suspicious spots. Virtual appointments may not be appropriate for full body skin checks or annual skin exams. Any prescriptions generated will be sent to your preferred pharmacy.
Please continue to read more about precautions we are taking to keep everyone safe and healthy.
Spectrum Dermatology has become convinced that we need to curb the spread of the virus (aka, “flatten the curve”) through social distancing. To preserve the limited resources of our healthcare system and to keep our patients and our team as safe as possible during this health emergency, we are taking the following measures:
Telehealth: We have launched a Telehealth Platform to provide patient care for all eligible patients. This service is available for both new and established patients for conditions such as but not limited to Acne, Dermatitis, Eczema, Hair Loss, Psoriasis, Rash, and Rosacea, focal skin checks for suspicious spots. Our physicians will also be able to evaluate you if you require medication and/or if you need medication adjustments. Telehealth visits will be billed to insurance as an office visit. Arizona law now requires Medicare and most commercial insurance plans to cover telehealth visits as they would an “in-office” visit, including usual copay and deductible requirements. If you are already scheduled for a visit, our office will contact you to convert your visit to a telehealth visit or reschedule you as needed. If you have not yet scheduled but would like to, please call us at (480) 948-8400.
Urgent In-Office Care: our providers are evaluating all scheduled appointments to identify patients with urgent dermatologic needs who need to be seen in our office. Our office will contact you to coordinate if this applies to your needs. If you believe you have an urgent dermatologic need that requires an in-office visit, please call our office.
For any patients who do need to come into our office, please be advised of the following measures we are taking to ensure our collective health and well-being:
- Wellness Screen: We are now providing a screening form when each patient checks in for his/her appointment. If you or anyone in your immediate family answers “yes” to any of the following questions, we ask that you CALL our office to reschedule your appointment and please refrain from entering our clinic:
- Do you or anyone in your immediate family have a fever of 100.4 or greater?
- Do you or anyone in your immediate family have a respiratory infection, cough, or shortness of breath?
- Have you or anyone in your immediate family had contact with a confirmed case of COVID-19?
- Have you or anyone in your immediate family traveled to a high-impact area in the last 2 weeks?
- Limited Contact: We are significantly limiting the number of patients scheduled each day in our offices so that we can allow for social distancing space between patients. As events continue to unfold, we may need to further adjust our on-site scheduling. Thank you for your understanding if we need to adjust your appointment as we deem appropriate under the circumstances.
- No Extras: Please bring only yourself to the visit. If the patient is a minor, one adult guardian must accompany the patient unless an Authorization for Treatment of Minor form is completed and sent with the patient. If you are having surgery near your eyes or nose, please arrange for someone to transport you after the visit.
- Cleaning, Disinfecting & Supplies: We have enacted even more frequent cleaning and disinfecting standards throughout our office, above and beyond normal OSHA standards. We are also asking guests to refrain from touching any of our equipment, drawers, or supplies. Further, our ability to continue serving our patients depends on the availability of hand sanitizer, gloves, and masks, and we trust that all of our patients will be respectful and refrain from removing any such supplies from our office.
Non-Urgent Care: All non-urgent surgeries and procedures, routine skin exams, elective cosmetic treatments, will be postponed through May 4th, 2020. This will be effective, March 17th however, we will continue to reassess every 48 hours to respond and react to the dynamic environment. Our team will contact patients to reschedule and will assist you with any case-by-case needs.
We are committed to keeping our patients and their families healthy through this challenging and rapidly-changing time. We thank you for your patience as we work out the best ways to care for all of our patients in the safest possible way. Our team is actively monitoring and assessing the developments, and we will provide updates as we have more information.
With the recent news surrounding the Coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak, we wanted to reach out and share precautions that are being taken for the health of our patients and staff.
Spectrum Dermatology is open for regular business, with normal hours. While there are currently no plans to alter hours, we will be sure to keep you informed of any changes. We look forward to welcoming you to our office, where there is no higher priority than health and safety.
While the prevalence of the virus in our community is low at this time, our leadership team is staying up to date on public health recommendations and announcements from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, the World Health Organization, the Arizona Department of Health Services, and other leading health organizations. In support of the health and well-being of patients and staff, we are currently taking many precautions, including:
- Increased frequency of disinfecting high-touch areas
- Staff education and ongoing monitoring of CDC guidelines
- CDC-recommended general hygiene reminders posted in restrooms and other spaces
To prevent the spread of illness and align with CDC recommendations, we urge you to stay home when you are feeling sick.
For the most up to date information regarding Coronavirus symptoms, prevention and treatment, and frequently asked questions, we recommend the following websites:
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Arizona Department of Health Services
- World Health Organization
If you have any questions or concerns regarding your appointment or if you will not be able to keep your scheduled appointment due to illness, please contact our office at 480-948-8400 and speak with an agent in our call center. Spectrum Dermatology remains open daily and we look forward to seeing you for your skin care needs. Be assured that the well-being of our patients and community is of utmost importance to us.