17 Feb Dermatology Today
Dermatology focuses on diagnosing and treating conditions of the skin, hair, and nails. Healthy skin is your best defense against so many other ailments. After all, your skin is your largest organ, covering your entire body. When your immune system is suffering due to stress or illness, it is often first seen in your skin. Beautiful skin usually equates to good health.
Nowadays, the world of dermatology is nothing like it was in the past. Today there are procedures for medical issues in addition to cosmetic procedures. Board certified dermatologists in Scottsdale can offer a host of treatments to make you look better and feel better.
Some of the categories you can expect to find in dermatology are:
- Medical Dermatology. This covers issues such as acne, eczema, psoriasis, warts, skin cancers, and hair and nail conditions.
- Surgical Dermatology. Here you will find skin cancer treatment, birthmark removal, scar revisions, Mohs surgery, skin lesion treatment and earlobe repair.
- Cosmetic Dermatology. Treatments include everything from Botox to Dermaplane, microdermabrasion to microneedling, chemical peels, and support for getting rid of rosacea and brown/age spots.
- Laser Dermatology. Lasers can be used to treat acne, brown/age spots, skin redness, and to help lessen the appearance of scars. Treatments include ematrix skin resurfacing, Intense Pulsed Light, and laser hair removal.
- Advanced Treatments. Dermatology procedures include internal radiation therapy, which is a non-surgical skin cancer treatment, and Mohs surgery.
- Everyone wants beautiful skin. Sometimes that is achieved through medical procedures and other times through cosmetic services. The end result is that you will look and feel better, and worrisome skin conditions will be treated correctly. Scottsdale dermatology doctors are not all the same.
There are so many options and treatments available to you now more than ever, and it is best to discuss procedures and treatment options with your doctor. You only want to schedule a consultation with a board certified Scottsdale dermatologist. They will answer all of your questions and put to rest many concerns you have about skin ailments.
Spectrum Dermatology is a warm and caring place, where your concerns are always put first. Whatever your dermatology issue, whether it is cosmetic, medical, or curative, you’ll find the answer to every question you have at Spectrum Dermatology. We offer same day appointments, and have four convenient locations throughout Scottsdale and Phoenix areas. Contact us today.